In partnership with The LAB Gallery and Fire Station Artists’ Studios
Sculpture Dublin is delighted to announce the Experiment! Sculpture Award, a developmental award open to artists resident in Ireland who use sculpture as a primary medium.
The Award will provide a range of practical supports to an artist seeking to take creative risks within their practice, allowing them to further develop and refine their own sculptural language while pursuing new lines of enquiry.
Experiment! is a unique opportunity for the selected artist to realise a piece of sculpture with support from Fire Station Artists’ Studios (FSAS) and Dublin City Council Arts Office. The artist will be awarded:
- €12,000 for fees and materials for the production of new work
- A two week residency at Fire Station Artists’ Studios workshop facility*
- A spotlight exhibition in the Cube at the LAB Gallery in late 2021*
- Mentorship by an established artist (to be agreed in consultation with the winning artist)
- A commissioned written response to the work
- Photographic documentation of the work installed at The LAB Gallery
*Please note that, due to ongoing restrictions around the operation of shared workspaces, cultural institutions and venues as a result of COVID-19, dates agreed with Sculpture Dublin and partners for the workshop residency and exhibition are subject to change.
The Experiment! Sculpture Award seeks to reward an artist who demonstrates an interest in sculptural process and materials, keeping Sculpture Dublin’s key values in mind.
For full details of the Award and how to apply, download the information sheet here.
The closing date for Experiment! Sculpture Award is 5pm on Friday 26 March 2021.
An Online Information Session will take place in late February 2021. This is an opportunity for artists interested in applying for the Award to find out more about Experiment!, Sculpture Dublin, The LAB and Fire Station Artists’ Studios. Speakers will also talk through the application form and answer any questions you may have.
- Sheena Barrett, Curator, The LAB Gallery
- Helen Carey, Director, Fire Station Artists’ Studios
- Karen Downey, Programme Director, Sculpture Dublin
25 February 2021, 11am to 12 noon.
General admission – Free